In order for our favorite items to serve us a long and loyal service, they need to be looked after. And if furniture made of epoxy resin acts as such an object, then before using it, it is necessary to take into account many factors that affect the preservation of the original appearance.
What actions should be avoided to prolong the life of unusual epoxy tables, bedside tables and other products, a few tips:
Despite the fact that in the solid state epoxy meets such characteristics as strength, wear resistance and durability, it is necessary to avoid mechanical effects on the surface made of it:
- heavy objects must not be dropped;
- cut with a knife;
- place and move products with sharp metal edges to avoid scratches.
- Direct thermal contact with the surface may stain the dishes, so do not place hot cups, pans and pans on the epoxy table. In this case, it is necessary to use coasters and hot napkins.
In no case is it allowed to use various solvents, alcohols and acetones to clean the coating of such furniture, epoxy, like fire, is afraid of chemicals.
- Do not rub with brushes or use a variety of powder or other abrasive substances for cleaning.
- Constant contact with soap and other detergents will deteriorate the very glossy effect of a smooth surface that distinguishes furniture made of epoxy resin.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, as this will lead to burnout.
In fact, to maintain the cleanliness of epoxy products, it is enough to wipe them first with a damp flannel cloth, and then wipe them dry, because after natural drying, stains will remain on the table or nightstand. Here, the principle of care is similar to the maintenance of glass items.
Naturally, it is not always possible to fully comply with all the requirements, and over time, when a table made of epoxy resin is used, a cobweb of scratches will appear on it. But this is not a problem either, since it is easy to remove it at home using a special hand polish.